The Lord has been speaking to me about a number of different issues that I have been compartmentalizing in my thoughts: the “Insider Movement,” “Seeker Sensitive,” “Social Justice,” the “Emergent Church,” and “Prosperity Gospel” to name several. I have been seeing these issues as separate and distinct from each other and have been praying about them, prophesying about them, and doing some research as time permitted. But this past week at the prayer group called “the House of Prayer” the Lord began to reveal to us how each of these issues that the modern day Church is dealing with are inter-connected in that they are manifestations of the same foundational sin. This sin is not allowing Christ to be the Head.
Nearly ten years ago the Lord began to speak to me about a time of shaking that would occur in the churches in our region here in northeast Wisconsin. He told me that He was about to begin to remove a large number of ministers that were not allowing Christ to be the Head of the Church. As this time of shaking transpired the prophetic words that I was receiving began to veer in different directions, or so I thought.
The Lord spoke to me about Church leaders pigeonholing Christianity with Islam. He revealed that this is what a method of missions called the Insider Movement was doing. He told me that it was spreading quickly and then asked me to prophesy publicly that He hates this.
He spoke to me about the Seeker Sensitive method to church growth and ministry and how that belief system was avoiding the cross, repentance, and the need for a savior. Seeker Sensitive methodologists are saying that they are building bridges to the lost. But the Lord told me that these bridges are actually overpasses. He said that they are the symbol of not allowing Christ to be the Head. These so called bridges are actually overpasses to get over the cross. To overpass the cross is to overpass Christ.
He spoke to me about something called “Social Justice”. He told me that He is not involved in this work and to stay clear of it. He also told me not to take it into my thought life and not to consider it regarding missions or evangelism. He said that the way in which it is “sold” is deceptive. Assisting the poor and repressed needs to be directed by the Holy Spirit not by the logical deduction of man. Like the woman who poured the expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet, the disciples rebuked her for not selling it and giving the money to the poor, but Jesus was pleased with her action. Giving needs to be directed by the Holy Spirit.
He spoke to me about the Emergent Church and how at its foundation it holds a humanistic world view. He said that people embracing this movement are relativeizing truth.
Last night the Lord showed me that each of these seemingly separate issues were all manifestations of the very thing He had been speaking to me about in the beginning: Not allowing Christ to be the Head. When men step out from under His Headship they begin to create philosophies, methods, and ministries out of their own ideas, logic, and flesh. This lack of Headship has created a very weak, ineffective, and unholy church. It has created a mongrel.
At the House of Prayer, as we spoke about these issues, I found it difficult to address the topic without a name. We prayed about a name and the Lord led us to the name Ichabod.
* I Samuel 4:21 – And she named the child Ichabod, saying, “The glory has departed from Israel!” because the ark of God had been captured and because of her father-in-law and her husband.
When the Body of Christ removes itself from being under the Headship of Christ, it is a mongrel and the glory of God leaves it. It is headless. Ephesians 4:14-15 speaks directly to this:
* “Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.”
It is the Christian who refuses to be tossed about by new teachings and whims and crafty ways of deceiving others, and who chooses to simply speak the truth in love, that matures into submission of Christ’s Headship.
But when the “Insider” deceives the Muslim with his cunning ideas, and the politically-correct pastor misleads the “seekers” with crafty teachings, they move themselves out from under the Headship of Jesus Christ. Thus resulting in Ichabod and the glory of God departs from them.
When the “Prosperity Preacher” “claims a new car” instead of the cross he is to pick up and carry, he moves himself out from under the Headship of Christ.
When the “Emergent Evangelist” agrees with the homosexual that he was born with this sin and can bring it into a relationship with Christ, he has removed himself from the Headship of Christ.
These ideas are spreading through the Body of Christ and they are generated by man and not by God.
God has been explaining to me how these philosophies are wrong and in what ways they are connected to the same source, how they all result in Ichabod. What He is asking me to do is to expose this sin for what it is, of not allowing Him to be the Head, and to warn those who seek to please Him to avoid these “winds of teachings.” He is asking those who have an ear to hear to pray for the Body of Christ that is being beset by such immaturity. He is asking us to put on the Armor of God.
* Ephesians 6:11-18 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
He is calling us to stand firm and speak the truth in love. If we cower back and allow these teachings to silence us, we become advocates of not allowing Christ to be the Head. Our voice of light is paramount in darkness. Our stand is integral to the advancement of the Kingdom of Light. We are soldiers called to fight against principalities of darkness, and we fight with a sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. I am prophetically calling you stand! To take up your cross and follow Christ as your Head! To press on to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus by speaking the truth in love as you grow up in all things into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
- Remove the stones~Appleton Abortion Mill being closed?
- Speak to the Citadel to be Removed.
- The Beginning of Our Church…
- Burning Ring of Fire!
- Heresy in Wisconsin.
- Methodist Trial of Pastor Amy DeLong next door.
- Todd Bentley Coming to the Valley.
- Insider Movement: The Tide is Turning
- Dirty Kitchen, whose watchin’ the Kids?
- WEMI going Seeker Sensitive?
- Dream about Homosexuality