Open Letter~Addressing the Prophecies Regarding the Headship of Christ
In 1999 a series of prophetic words were given to me regarding the state of the Church in the Fox Valley in northeast Wisconsin. A significant part of those prophecies were directed at a large Evangelical Church named Christ the Rock Community Church (CTR). In the course of discerning those prophecies the leadership of the church I attend, Christ’s Church of the Valley (CCV) and I came to the conclusion that there was enough factual evidence found to go forward with sharing them with Pastor Bill Lenz, his leadership at CTR, and finally, with the public. As the prophecies began to come to pass and the information disseminated, many inquiries about content and process arose. So through much prayer and the prompting of the Lord I put this “open letter” together explaining briefly why I came to the conclusion I did and linked up the original documents that speak to each issue. I also believe that this letter is important because it has become our testimony of allowing Christ to be the head and what that has entailed.
The original word to Pastor Bill Lenz was simply that God was calling him to repent of not allowing Christ to be the head. He explained that Pastor Bill was sinning in this way by putting people into ministry that God was not, putting people out of ministry that God was calling into ministry, bringing people into the Church that God was not bringing into the Church, and putting people out of the Church that God was not putting out.
The biblical process that I took included sharing this message with Pastor Lenz personally. Afterward, I was of the belief that Bill had repented because of his response in the meeting and because of the note he sent me a few days later. Yet, I was told by the Lord that Bill had not in fact repented. I was then told that the devil would be loosed upon CTR and that the enemy would be attacking their families first. I was told there would be five things that would happen in the body of CTR before it would split.
After I had given the prophecies to the leadership at CTR to discern they requested that the leadership from my church engage with them in a more formal discerning process. Through these meetings the leadership at CCV came to the conclusion that Pastor Bill was in fact being called by the Lord to repent: See Elders resolve.
The CCV elders discovered a number of issues that caused them to come to this conclusion. Since that time a number of the specifically prophesied details have surfaced that have also influenced why I and others believe the CTR prophecies to be true. They are as follows:
* The first thing that was prophesied to happen, after the devil was loosed on the CTR body, was that the families of this Body would be attacked and divorces would increase exponentially. I was contacted by a number of CTR members regarding a meeting the leadership at CTR had, addressing the large number of divorces that ensued shortly after this word was given.
* Another of the five things to happen before the split was that Greg Sampson would leave the Youth Pastor position and CTR without Bill’s blessing. Greg did leave on May 1st the year after the prophecies were delievered to CTR.
* To date, the sanctuary portion of the plans for the CTR church facility has yet to be built as was specified in the prophecies.
* One situation that caused us to believe that Pastor Bill was putting someone into ministry that God was not was that Ben Lenz, Pastor Bill’s eldest son, was hired as the Young Adults Pastor shortly after he was found to be in a sexual relationship with a minor in the ministry that he served in as an intern. Also, at least one elder at CTR who was instrumental in placing Ben in that position was not aware of the sexual nature of the relationship. Nor was he aware of the inappropriate response of the few who sought to keep it contained after the girl came forward seeking help. This led us to believe that Pastor Bill was manipulating the situation by not reporting it, hiring Ben so very shortly after it was revealed and allowing elders who were not aware to put Ben into a paid pastoral position. The sinful relationship that Ben entered into after the prophecies were given speaks to the children being attacked with sin both for him and the girl involved. It also speaks to putting someone into ministry that God was not. Another issue that rose to the surface causing me to believe that Ben was not called to this ministry, at least not at the time he entered into it, was that a heresy called “Modeletics” spread through the group of young adults under his leadership.
* Another situation that was brought to our attention was that Janet Lenz, Bill’s wife, was put into a mission’s pastoral role that was later specified as the Saharawi Director. After hearing from the Lord about what I thought was a completely separate issue regarding pigeonholing Christianity with Islam, a long time member at CTR contacted me about Janet’s ministry being advocates of the Insider Method to missions which is heretical as well. This method proposes that Muslims can be followers of Jesus as they remain in Islam. This speaks to two aspects of the prophecies, first that Janet is allowing heresy into her ministry and has become a vocal advocate of it and second that she and Pastor Bill are in effect bringing people into the church that God is not bringing in.
From my perspective it seems that there exists subtle manipulation from Bill and those very close around him that sway the direction of the choices that the elders make, in order to obtain Bill’s personal agendas—not the agendas of Jesus Christ. I say this because I see in the wake of these decisions many deeply wounded individuals coming out of CTR with no avenue of resolution, restoration, or healing. The situation with Ben looks bad at the least because he is Bill’s son. The circumstance listed above regarding an elder not being aware of Ben’s sinful relationship and yet being involved in the process of hiring him speaks to the idea of Bill manipulating the leaders so that he could obtain the position for his son. And the situation with the Islam issue now compounds that perspective because Janet, who is the director of this ministry, is Bill’s wife. That being said, it looks to me from the outside that Bill is putting people into ministry who God has not called and he is giving many Muslims the idea that they are in effect in the Church when in reality they are not.
These are just a few of the facts as they unfolded that point to the prophecies and how they were coming to pass. There are many more, however, I feel that the ones I listed above are encompassing and serious enough to give the reader an idea of what has transpired and why we believe what we believe.
If you have questions regarding the prophecies please visit:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
- Remove the stones~Appleton Abortion Mill being closed?
- Speak to the Citadel to be Removed.
- The Beginning of Our Church…
- Burning Ring of Fire!
- Heresy in Wisconsin.
- Methodist Trial of Pastor Amy DeLong next door.
- Todd Bentley Coming to the Valley.
- Insider Movement: The Tide is Turning
- Dirty Kitchen, whose watchin’ the Kids?
- WEMI going Seeker Sensitive?
- Dream about Homosexuality